Labels

Thursday 18 October 2012

Star Wars set

This is just a quick update on the Star Wars set I've been working on. It's going slow because I have to balance it out with other projects on my table right now, but I'm still happy with my progress. There are only two more characters left to do: R2D2 and C3PO. Yup, left the robots for last.

I found that working on those teeny weapons were quite fun! I also tried something new. I usually form everything together and bake it all together if they are just in one piece - for example, Darth Vader with his light sabler. But because the weapons are becoming more intricate, I was afraid it would droop and become sorry little pieces of machineries and ruin the whole piece. So I experimented with Chewbacca's crossbow first. Here I used plain wire armature to keep the lines straight then I baked and colored it before attaching it to the unbaked Chewbacca. This way I was able to wrap his fingers around the weapon and the weapon did not warp from the pressure because it has already been cured. Worked great! I might do this for other itty bitty details in the future.




Funny thing though, I was so excited about this set that I didn't even realize Chewbacca was not on my client's custom order list!

Hopefully, C3PO and R2D2 will be finished tonight and I can set tomorrow for painting. Then that will give me the time to finally face the video editing I'm helping my friend out with.


Too many projects too little time. But keep them coming! 

No comments: